Taron Johnson Jersey

太极拳 - Taijiquan

Taron Johnson Jersey

Gửi bàigửi bởi hongwei28 » Thứ 5 08/11/18 9:57

As compensation for losing his job as a closer Lorenzo Carter Color Rush Jersey , Kelvin Herrera gets to pitch for a contender.

Herrera joined the Washington Nationals on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after being traded from the last-place Kansas City Royals for three minor leaguers.

A two-time All-Star, Herrera had 14 saves and a 1.05 ERA this season. Washington already has a closer, Sean Doolittle, so Herrera will be entering the game earlier than usual for now.

”I explained it to him and I think he gets it,” Nationals manager Dave Martinez said. ”The way I explain it to all these guys is, `When you come in the game think of it as you’re closing that inning, cause that’s a big moment. So we need you either the sixth, the seventh, the eighth, whatever.”’

That’s just fine with Herrera.

”Whatever inning I may get called upon, I just focus on getting that one hitter out,” the right-hander said through an interpreter.

With 14 saves and one win, Herrera had a hand in more than two-thirds of Kansas City’s 22 victories this season. But the Royals were going nowhere, which is precisely why they dished off their best reliever for a trio of prospects: 21-year-old outfielder Blake Perkins B.J. Hill Color Rush Jersey , 23-year-old infielder Kelvin Gutierrez and 17-year-old pitcher Yohanse Morel.

Herrera won a World Series ring with Kansas City in 2015. Now he’s got a shot at earning one with the Nationals, who started the day 3 1/2 games behind first-place Atlanta in the NL East.

”The one thing I have seen about this team for the past few years is they’re always in the battle and the fight for the playoffs,” Herrera said. ”There is great chemistry here. I’m just ready to join the team and help any way I can.”

There will likely come a time when Herrera is asked to do what he does best, which is to get the final out in a tight game.

”I did tell him that Doolittle is our closer and he’s been very good at it, but you’ll get a chance to close every now and then,” Martinez said.

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo made the deal because he knows you can’t have too many good pitchers working the back end of a ballgame.

”We wanted a guy who had been through the wars before, that’s established and that was pitching extremely well,” Rizzo said. ”Kelvin fit all those criteria.”

HOUSTON — For a third consecutive start on Sunday, Houston Astros right-hander Gerrit Cole encountered a stretch where he wrestled with his control, a span of innings that called for his battery mate to help steer him through the rough patch and into smoother waters.

Cole needed 33 pitches to post a scoreless first inning, and while he logged a season-low-tying five innings in the Astros’ 11-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals, Cole was effective enough to pick up his ninth victory of the season and produce a line than plenty of pitchers would envy.

Cole allowed only one run, two hits and three walks with eight strikeouts. Despite a challenging start, Cole rebounded and retired the side in order in the third and fifth.

The backstop — Max Stassi caught Cole on Sunday — is responsible for helping the starting pitcher navigate trouble.

Veteran Brian McCann will likely be back behind the plate on Monday when the Astros open a three-game series with the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park.

“You’ve got to try and find whatever the correction pitch is,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. “If a guy’s delivery is one way you might find a correction pitch to get him kind of locked in. You have to keep going to the secondary pitches even if he doesn’t have a feel for it until it clicks for him. You’ve got to keep going to the well as much as you can to hopefully where he finds it.

“Whether that’s rhythm or timing of pitches Kyle Lauletta Color Rush Jersey , every pitcher has a key that will get him back in line with his delivery, his arm action, and his execution. You’ve got to find that by how you sequence your pitches along with attacking the hitter. It’s a nice challenge for the catcher.”

Right-hander Justin Verlander (9-2, 1.60 ERA) will start the series opener for the Astros (52-27). Verlander suffered a defeat in his lone start against Toronto last season, allowing three runs, three hits and three walks with five strikeouts in 5 1/3 innings of a 7-2 setback on July 14 with Detroit.

He is 3-5 with a 4.67 ERA in 12 career starts against the Blue Jays.

Verlander leads the American League in ERA, WHIP (0.78), opponent batting average (.164) and OPS (.506), and is tied for second in innings (107) and ranks fourth with 130 strikeouts.

The Blue Jays will counter with left-hander J.A. Happ (9-3, 3.56 ERA) on Monday. He is 4-2 with a 3.33 ERA in eight career starts against Houston, with whom he spent parts of three seasons (2010-12) and compiled an 18-28 record and 4.84 ERA in 59 starts.

Happ allowed six runs (two earned), seven hits and three walks with three strikeouts in four innings of a 19-1 loss to the Astros on July 9 at Rogers Centre.

Happ is 5-0 with a 2.35 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 46 innings during his last seven starts.

Toronto (36-41) split its four-game series with the Los Angeles Angels with a 7-6, 10-inning road win on Sunday. The Blue Jays are 6-6 in their last 12 games and were last above .500 on May 16.
hongwei28
Thành viên rất tích cực
Thành viên rất tích cực

Bài viết: 227
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 25/07/18 15:10

Quay về Thái Cực Quyền

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến2 khách