ing to the team, its the first time a manager has succe

八卦掌 - Bāguàzhăng

ing to the team, its the first time a manager has succe

Gửi bàigửi bởi lxt1217 » Thứ 3 04/09/18 10:31

MONTREAL -- A day before heading to Florida to continue training camp, the Montreal Impact picked up a new captain and a new striker. Veteran midfielder Patrice Bernier will be a popular choice to replace the departed Davy Arnaud as captain, not only because he is a local player and fluently bilingual. "Hes always very positive in his attitude around the team," sporting director Nick De Santis said Thursday. "And even in difficult times, you never see the pressure get to him. These are important things." And Santiago Gonzalez, a 21-year-old forward from the Sud America club in Uruguay, who was signed under Major League Soccers special discovery rule, could be a nice addition to a club that is thin up front. The Impact ended their first phase of camp indoors at Marie Victorin College and now move onto grass fields and warm weather in Orlando, Fla., to defend their title in the Disney Pro Soccer Classic, a pre-season tournament. Bernier, of Brossard, Que., was hoping to get the captains armband after Arnaud, their skipper for their first two MLS seasons who left for D.C. United. New coach Frank Klopas picked veterans Marco Di Vaio, Matteo Ferrari and Troy Perkins as Berniers assistants. The 34-year-old Bernier began his pro career with the Impact, then played nine seasons in Europe before returning for the clubs MLS expansion season in 2012. "Its another step in my career and a new challenge in terms of my personality and what I have to do, not just on the field, but how to interact with my teammates," said Bernier "I started off here and hopefully I end here. Now, to have the armband, its a great show of respect." Luring Bernier back from Europe was one of the Impacts most important moves while moving from the second tier NASL to MLS. It gave them a high quality midfielder who understood North American soccer but who could also relate to the many European, especially Italian, players the club brought in. Bernier has 13 goals and 16 assists in 58 games over the last two seasons. He was named the Impacts player of the year in 2012 and played in the MLS all-star game last season. Arnaud arrived with the experience and credentials to make him the logical pick as the teams first MLS captain, and Bernier was the obvious pick to succeed him. Even while Arnaud wore the armband, Bernier was the teams most visible player in the media and out in the community. "Maybe now Ill be looked upon as the reflection of the team in what I say and what I do," he said. "Ill be the same guy as before, but maybe you have to stand out. "Its something special. In soccer, the captain is the first one to step onto the field, the first one that people see, that the referees go to for explanations or rectifications or whatever. So I cant just think of my own bubble anymore." Star striker Di Vaio had a little fun when asked about Bernier as captain. "I dont agree. I wanted to be captain," he said, before smiling and adding "No. Its good for us and its good for Patrice. Its the best thing for the team. We know that Patrice is going to be a good captain for us, for the club and for the fans." Bernier has been unable to join his teammates on the field since the first day of camp as he heals from surgery on Dec. 11 to fix loose cartilage in his right knee. He expects to resume full training in Florida. Also on the pitch in Orlando will be Gonzalez, who was in Montreal and was to make the flight with a team after undergoing a medical exam. De Santis said that as a special discovery player, the club can amortize the five-foot-eight forwards costs over several years, so that his salary cap hit stays between $125,000 and $150,000. He is also not a designated player, which leaves one DP spot open for a future signing. Di Vaio and Argentine midfielder Hernan Bernardello are the teams DPs. "Hes going to bring a new dynamic to the team," said De Santis. "Theres a question of adaptation because its the first time he leaves his country to play professional soccer, so we need to be patient with him. But hes got a lot for good qualities." De Santis also denied reports from Italy that Pablo Piatti of Valencia and Stefano Mauri of Lazio would be joining the Impact, saying hes had no contact with either club. He said he may still sign another player "if we can add an important piece to get you to the next level." Authentic Benardrick McKinney Jersey . The same cant be said of last Saturdays 2-2 draw at Olympic Stadium against a very weakened New York Red Bulls side and one which had three stalwarts in Henry, Cahill and Olave back home in Harrison, NJ. Authentic Derek Newton Jersey . Noah finished with 13 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists in 34 minutes. He was headed for his fourth triple-double of the season, but sat down with about three minutes left because of the lopsided score. Kirk Hinrich scored 19 points for Chicago, going 5 for 6 on 3-pointers, Carlos Boozer added 18 points, D. http://www.cheaptexansjerseysauthentic. ... son-jersey. LeBron James leads the Miami Heat in a quest for three consecutive championship titles, while Tim Duncan looks to add his fifth ring with the San Antonio Spurs when the series tips off with Game 1: Miami @ San Antonio on Thursday, June 5 at 9 p. Authentic Peter Kalambayi Jersey .The Canadiens will visit the Boston Bruins at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., on New Years Day 2016, taking hockeys oldest rivalry outside.It was special in 2010 just to be there with the history behind Fenway Park and all that, Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron said. Authentic Duke Ejiofor Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November.DENVER - Justin Morneau wondered out loud just how many teams have turned a triple play and hit a walkoff homer in the same game. A better question yet may be this: How many times has the same player been involved in both? Morneau hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and helped the Colorado Rockies turn the third triple play in team history as they beat the San Diego Padres 8-6 on Sunday. Definitely a pretty good afternoon for Morneau, who hit the sixth walkoff homer of his career. Hes making himself right at home batting behind Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez. After Gonzalez singled earlier in the inning, Morneau lined a two-out, 3-2 fastball from Dale Thayer (2-2) to straightaway centre. Morneau thought for sure he got enough of it, too, but then Cameron Maybin drifted back and back, like he might have a play on it. He didnt. "Scared me a little bit," Morneau said. "As good of athlete as he is, if he cant catch it, its definitely gone." Morneau sprinted around the bases to the applause from the crowd and flipped his helmet off after passing third. He was mobbed at home by his teammates. "Justin is having a phenomenal season," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Great to see him get the big hit." Thayer insisted he made a quality pitch and that he didnt think it was leaving the park. "But it doesnt surprise me it went out. He hit it hard," Thayer said. Nick Masset (1-0) pitched a perfect 10th for his first win with Colorado. LaTroy Hawkins blew his first save of the season in the ninth as he surrendered a tying two-run homer to Everth Cabrera. Corey Dickerson had a two-run homer and Tulowitzki added a solo shot in the fifth to keep up his hot hitting at Coors Field, where hes batting .571 in 18 games. Seth Smith and Rene Rivera hit solo homers for the Padres, who return home following a 3-3 road excursion. "This was a game that was in the balance the whole way," Padres manager Bud Black said. "Both teams kept pecking away at each other the whole game, which is typical of this ballpark." Juan Nicasio didnt have his best stuff, but was bailed out all afternoon by his defence, no more so than in the thhird.dddddddddddd. With runners on first and second, third baseman Nolan Arenado fielded a grounder by Carlos Quentin and stepped on the bag. He threw to second baseman D.J. LeMahieu, who relayed the ball on to first for the triple play. Quentin was originally ruled safe at first, but the second base umpire called Smith for baserunner interference as he slid into second. "That was different than anything Ive ever seen," Morneau said. The momentum from that play ignited the offence as the Rockies scored four runs in the bottom of the frame. Charlie Blackmon had a two-run single and Dickerson added a two-run homer. Usually a reliever, Donn Roach made his first major league start as he filled in for Andrew Cashner, who went on the 15-day disabled list because of soreness in his pitching elbow. Roach was on a pitch count and out of the game early, giving up four runs in three innings. Black elected to bat Roach eighth in the order and third baseman Alexi Amarista ninth, just to give the team more double-switch flexibility early in the game. It worked, too, when Roach was lifted for Will Venable in the fourth, with Venable hitting an RBI single. Roach couldnt find his rhythm in the first as he walked leadoff batter Blackmon and then Dickerson. It didnt matter, though, as both were thrown out trying to steal second — with a little assistance from replay. Blackmon was originally called safe on his steal attempt, but Black requested an appeal and the umpires overturned the call. After Dickerson walked, he tried to steal and, like Blackmon, was called safe when the tag was high. Black jogged out of the dugout to appeal, with the umpires again reversing the call. According to the team, its the first time a manager has successfully overturned two calls in the same inning. NOTES: The last time San Diego hit into a triple play was April 15, 2012, at Los Angeles against the Dodgers. ... Both teams are off Monday. ... Before the game, Colorado activated C Wilin Rosario (viral infection) and optioned C Mike McKenry to Triple-A Colorado Springs. ... The triple play in the third was Colorados first since Tulowitzki turned an unassisted one on April 29, 2007, against Atlanta. Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '
lxt1217

Bài viết: 685
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 3 10/07/18 15:18

Quay về Bát Quái Chưởng

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến1 khách